Saying good bye to summer, shorts, T-shirts, and warmth of the sun is never easy. Having a smooth transition into the colourful leaves of autumn makes this season enjoyable as you can continue to be out doors and take long walks by the park in the cooler weather. Winter is a season full offestive parties and activities with families and friends, but having the cold or flu bug takes away from the all the fun. From coughing, sneezing, sore throat and itchy eyes, you can’t get away from it and it seems like it’s everywhere!
Last year you were off sick from work for almost two weeks with a cold and cough. Your family ended up with it and you weren’t able to shake it off for weeks. Sound like you? This year is a different story. Here are some basic tips to an improved immune system that you can try at home with you and your loved ones.
You can start making changes and preparing your body for the flu season by
- Sugar, processed foods, high sugar foods and beverages
- Alcohol and caffeine
- Food sensitivities and food allergies
- Toxic environment, pollutants (smoking)
- Healthy diet
- Improve liver function
- Daily exercise
- Hydrating (pure water)
- Practice stress management techniques
- Get ample, regular, good quality sleep
Signs of impaired immune system
- Fatigue, chronic infection, autoimmune disease, allergic reactions, slow wound healing
- Warts, yeast and fungal infections, cold sores, athlete’s foot
For more information about immune support, please contact me for a free consultation.